Info - Ordering/ Receiving Tafinlar and Mekinist

I received my first month supply of Tafinlar and Mekinist in the mail via Fedex at the beginning of August 2022. 

It was shipped in a heavy styrofoam cooler with ice packs as seen.

Both drugs were in one shipment, and kept cool since one must be refrigerated. There are acceptable "excursion" temperatures which I addressed briefly in another post. But this should be fine and keep the medication in good shape for use. 

Insurance approved it only if sent via their specialty pharmacy. This pharmacy usually reminds me each month and sends it by 2 day shipping from either UPS or Fedex, with a tracking number.

You will want to handle it with care and wash your hands after touching the medication. Such information should be gone over by your pharmacist.  

There was one experience where it was on backorder. So I was late in getting it. So I would always order at least a week or two before you need it, just in case. 

According to my pharmacist, it is possible to miss a few days (once a month maybe) without it making much difference in your treatment. But this cannot be done regularly or for too many days. 

So definitely consult your medical team if it is every backordered, arriving later than needed or you feel a need to miss a dose. 

Comments

Popular Posts