Plan for Tafinlar and Mekinist - Track Your Daily Info in An App

Before I started these medications I met with my oncology pharmacist to go over all side effects and what to expect. She emphasized that she wanted me to track things like blood pressure, weight, body temperature, medications and supplements, bowel movements, and so on daily.

And trust me, it's a good idea even if they don't tell you to do it. You never know when you will need to look back and see when something occurred or if you took a medication. Or, find patterns. 

Ideally before you start these medications, you will want to get an app for your phone (or whatever works best for you) that will help you track these things. 

I use the Bearable App. It is highly customizable, inexpensive and easy to use. I have no ties to this app nor am I paid in any way to promote it. It's just the one I liked best when I looked at the Google Play Store. 
I thought I'd share in case you are like me with a lot going on and little time to search for an app. 

This is a small image, but you can begin to see some of the categories which can all be organized and customized to your preferences.  

I wake up each day and try to record at least my sleep, body temperature and blood pressure right away. I do this once a day but sometimes more if there is an issue or a reason to monitor it more closely. I also immediately open it and record when I take each medication. This is easy once you enter all medicines and supplements once.  Then you just click on the + sign and confirm the current time on it. 

It has come in handy for me so many times. Even when writing this blog. I can go back and see information such as what my fevers were, when they started, or when I started a medication or increased a dosage. 

I also like that I can tell from the occasional emails I receive from the developer of the app, that they are constantly improving it and taking feedback. 

If you don't love this app, just find one that works for you. I prefer an app over a spreadsheet or notepad which I also tried.  The reason being I don't have to keep entering names of things and it's just much more automated.

So definitely grab an app of some kind to track these things before you start or even if you have already started! 

Comments

Popular Posts